Beet apple salad is a refreshing, visually stunning dish that will delight your taste buds. It’s a vibrant fusion of grated beets, crisp apples, and crunchy carrots, finished with a zesty ginger and lime dressing. This delightful combination will entice even the staunchest beet-haters. It’s a taste sensation!
Why You’ll Love Beet Apple Salad
- Vibrant Flavor Fusion– Beet carrot apple salad offers a unique and compelling flavor combination that will captivate your taste buds. The earthy sweetness of beets blends harmoniously with the crisp, refreshing taste of apples. It’s a delightful balance of flavors.
- Colorful Presentation– This salad is a feast for the eyes as much as for the palate. The vivid colors of grated beets, apples, and carrots create a stunning visual display.
- Textural Delights– Beet salad brings together a medley of textures that make each bite a delightful experience. The grated beets offer a tender yet slightly crunchy texture, while the apples provide a juicy and crisp element. Adding grated carrots adds a satisfying crunch, creating a well-rounded and enjoyable mouthfeel.
- Nutritional Powerhouse– Not only does beetroot apple salad offer an explosion of flavors, but it’s a nutritional powerhouse. Beets contain essential vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, which promote overall health and well-being. Apples and carrots also contribute nutrients, such as dietary fiber and vitamin C, making this salad wholesome and nutritious.
Beet and Apple Salad Ingredient Notes
Beets– Their jewel-toned hues range from deep ruby reds to golden yellows. I prefer ruby-colored beets in this recipe for the visual contrast, though golden beets also work well.
Apples– Bring a burst of natural sweetness to the salad, balancing the earthy undertones and adding a refreshing crunch. I prefer to use Honeycrisp apples in this recipe because they provide a good balance of sweet and tart.
Carrots– Carrots play a crucial role in this salad with their vibrant orange hue and satisfying crunch. They bring a pop of color and texture, enhancing the overall visual appeal. They also offer a subtle sweetness that complements the beets and apples beautifully.
Ginger– The ginger’s sharpness cuts through the beet’s earthiness.
Lime– The tanginess of lime creates a refreshing symphony of flavors that perfectly balances the sweetness of the ingredients.
A Few Recipe Notes
- Use A Food Processor– Using a food processor to shred the fruit and vegetables will cut down on prep time significantly.
- Make It To Taste– This beetroot carrot salad is very forgiving and easy to tailor to your personal preference. Add more ginger to make it spicier, more apple or honey to make it sweeter, or more lime juice for a punchier tang.
- Chill It Well– While this salad tastes fantastic at room temperature, it tastes even better cold. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 to 3 hours before serving.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. This salad tastes best if consumed within 3-4 days.
What To Serve With Carrot and Beet Salad
This recipe was originally published in January 2013. Blog post and recipe card updated to include better instructions and notes in June 2023.
- 1 ¾ cup peeled and grated ruby beets
- 1 ¾ cup peeled and grated carrots
- 1 ¾ cup peeled and grated Honeycrisp apple
- 3 to 4 tablespoons lime juice, fresh squeezed
- 2 to 3 teaspoons fresh ginger root, finely grated (I like to use a microplane)
- In a large bowl, combine the grated beets, carrots, and apples.
- Toss in the lime juice and grated ginger, and refrigerate until ready to serve. Consume within 3-4 days.
Use A Food Processor- Using a food processor to shred the fruit and vegetables will cut down on prep time significantly.
Make It To Taste- This beetroot carrot salad is very forgiving and easy to tailor to your personal preference. Add more ginger to make it spicier, more apple or honey to make it sweeter, or more lime juice for a punchier tang.
Chill It Well- While this salad tastes fantastic at room temperature, it tastes even better cold. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 to 3 hours before serving.
Beets- I prefer ruby-colored beets in this recipe for the visual contrast, though golden beets also work well.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 29Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 33mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 1g