My husband and I went on a date a few weeks ago. The restaurant we went to had these amazing dates… wrapped in bacon and stuffed with goat cheese (and they were even gluten free). They were to die for.
Since then, I’ve wanted to recreate the bacon wrapped dates. I finally bought some bacon at the store yesterday, so these were first on my list to make!
These bacon wrapped dates make the perfect appetizer, especially for a special occasion! Don’t be afraid to double or triple the batch!
Looking for another tasty gluten-free appetizer? Try these jalapeno poppers from Gluten-Free Palate.
Bacon Wrapped Dates
Yields 12 servings
12 Medjool dates
6 pieces of bacon, preferably nitrate free & uncured
2-4 ounces of goat cheese
12 toothpicks (soaked in water for at least 20 minutes)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees (F) and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice open dates, remove the pits, and stuff with 1/2 to 1 teaspoon goat cheese.
- Cut the bacon in half so you have 12 pieces total.
- Wrap each date with a piece of bacon, and secure using a toothpick.
- Place the bacon wrapped dates on the parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 14 – 17 minutes, turning 2 or 3 times until the bacon is evenly browned.
- Allow dates to cool before eating, otherwise you will burn your mouth (they get very hot in the oven).