These smooth and creamy Dairy Free Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes are so easy and convenient to prepare. I love being able to throw everything in the Instant Pot bowl and walk away, instead of babysitting a boiling pot over the stove.
I can't believe this weekend is Easter! It just seems unreal to me that April is here (or nearly here) and school will be coming to a close in another month (at least for us).
Easter morning we have a super busy morning at church. My daughter is singing on the worship team, so we have to be there early for practice. After church, there's a church brunch and egg hunt for the kiddos.
By the time we get home, I'm going to be exhausted, and not want to put much effort into cooking dinner.
This is why I love my Instant Pots so much (I actually have 2 of them!). I can throw recipe ingredients in the pot, push a few buttons, and walk away. It's so convenient, especially for busy families!
A great way to use up your leftover dairy-free mashed potatoes is to make this Vegan Shepherds Pie!
Why I love this Dairy Free Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes recipe:
- You only have to dirty one pan. Once the cubed potatoes are done cooking, and the water is drained from them, you can put the potatoes back into the Instant Pot bowl to mash. Easy peasy!
- This recipe is super handy for holidays, like Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and/or other holidays with large gatherings. Sometimes you just don't have the room on top of your oven for another pot because all the burners are already in use!
- Zero babysitting over a boiling pot! Just put the ingredients in the Instant Pot, hit a few buttons, and walk away!
- This recipe will work with any type of potato (russet, red, golden, etc.).
- If you have the 8 quart Instant Pot, this recipe can easily be doubled for large crowds.
If you like these Dairy Free Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes, you'll also like these gluten-free Instant Pot recipes:
Instant Pot Refried Beans
Instant Pot Mongolian Beef from Gluten Free Palate
Crowd Pleasing Instant Pot Pulled Pork
50 Gluten-Free Instant Pot Recipes from the Vivacious Life
Easy Instant Pot Coconut Milk Yogurt
For Easter dinner, on making these Dairy Free Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes, my Garlic & Herb Crusted Roast Beef with Red Wine Gravy and this Raw Beet, Carrot & Apple Salad with Ginger Lime Dressing.
What are you making for Easter dinner?
Add to the Instant Pot Bowl:
- 3 pounds potatoes, peeled and cut into 1.5-2 inch cubes
- 4 cups cool water
- 3 – 4 garlic cloves
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter (or ghee for non-vegan)
- ½ cup vegetable broth (or chicken broth for non-vegan)
- ¼ – ½ teaspoon sea salt
- black pepper to taste
To cook the potatoes in the Instant Pot:
- To the stainless steel bowl of the Instant Pot, add the cubed potatoes, cool water, garlic cloves, and ½ teaspoon sea salt.
- Check the ring on the Instant Pot lid to make sure it’s in the proper place, and then click the lid into place on the Instant Pot. Set the vent to “seal.” Cook on high pressure for 7 minutes.
- When the Instant Pot is done and beeps, use a wooden spoon to flip the vent from “seal” to “vent” to quick release the pressure (DO NOT use your hands to do this. The steam that will come out of the valve can cause burns). When all of the pressure has been released, and the release valve has collapsed, open the Instant Pot.
- Use hot pads to remove the bowl from the Instant Pot bowl (careful, it will be hot!), and drain and discard the water from the potatoes using a colander.
- Place the potatoes back into the Instant Pot bowl, and add the vegan butter, vegetable broth, sea salt, and black pepper. Mash until the desired consistency is reached. Taste, and add more sea salt and pepper if needed.
The starch content will vary from potato to potato; if you’re mashed potatoes are too thick for your liking, thin them out with more broth.
This recipe will work with any potato (russet, red, golden, etc.).
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.