This Tuna and Bacon Quinoa Bowl with Lemony Vinaigrette came to fruition one afternoon when I was trying to think of some new easy and convenient, yet healthy meal ideas. We’ve been so busy lately, that our dinners have often times been made on the fly.
“Fast food” in our family does not mean running through a drive thru somewhere, since none of those places can accommodate our food allergies, nor our desire to eat whole, healthy foods. But this meal… this is my definition of real, fast food. It comes together super fast, yet satisfies the whole family.
When I made these Tuna and Bacon Quinoa Bowls for the first time, I already had something planned for dinner, but after my girls taste tested a sample of this recipe, both requested we skip what I already had planned. They wanted to eat the quinoa bowls for dinner instead!
I certainly couldn’t blame them. Cold crisp cucumbers are combined with tart cherry tomatoes, premium quality tuna, nutty quinoa, and salty bacon. All balanced out with a light and refreshing Lemony Vinaigrette. My girls inhaled their bowls and immediately asked for another serving!
I grew up fishing and crabbing with my family on Kodiak Island, Alaska. I have a respect for the ocean and everything in it, including making sure the seafood we catch and eat is wild and sustainable. Unlike other brands of tuna, this Wild Selections tuna has wonderful flavor; it is not super fishy tasting. My family loved it! I also choose to use Wild Selections premium quality tuna because they are :
- Working to ensure a fish-full future: Wild Selections® gives back to the oceans by donating 13 cents from every can sold—a total of $1 million by 2018—to World Wildlife Fund marine conservation and fishery improvement projects
- Only full line of Marine Stewardship Council (MSC) certified sustainable seafood. The blue MSC eco-label tells you the fish in your can comes from well managed fisheries and healthy fish stocks
- Premium quality, sustainably sourced fish that’s 100% traceable; visit WildSelections.com to learn where the fish in your can was caught
- Simple all natural ingredients and delicious taste
- All tuna is Non-GMO Project verified
Visit the Wild Selections® You Tube channel for videos to learn more about the Wild Selections® difference, our partnership with World Wildlife Fund and Marine Stewardship Council certification.
Breakfast, lunch, dinner… you really can’t go wrong with this recipe! We hope you enjoy it as much as we do. 😉
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lite rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard (I use the Annie's Natural brand)
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- sea salt & freshly cracked pepper
- cooked quinoa
- cooked bacon, crumbled
- canned Wild Selections Solid White Albecore Tuna in Water
- cucumber slices
- diced cherry tomatoes
- Combine all of the ingredients in a pint-sized canning jar and tightly secure the lid. Shake until all of the ingredients are well combined. Let the vinaigrette sit for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to merry.
- Cook quinoa according to package instructions.
- Fry the bacon or bake it according to these directions
- Now assemble your Tuna and Bacon Quinoa Bowl!
- Store the leftovers in separate containers and assemble each Tuna and Bacon Quinoa Bowl right before serving (otherwise your ingredients might become soggy).
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.