When I was little, these Chocolate Crinkles were my favorite cookie. I liked that they were chocolate, but I super loved that they were rolled in powdered sugar and then crackled on the baking sheet as they cooked. They taste like decadent brownies, just in cookie form!
While these Gluten Free Chocolate Crinkles are a sweeter recipe than I would normally make these days, we enjoy them every year as a treat around Christmas time. I make them and either freeze half, or we add them to holiday cookie platters we give as gifts.
Everyone loves these cookies!
Feel free to personalize this recipe, too, by adding chopped pecans or walnuts, peppermint extract, espresso powder, or Enjoy Life Chocolate Mini Chips. There are lots of ideas for variations, so make sure you make them exactly how you want them!
Looking for more delicious gluten-free cookies? Try these Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Cookies from my friend, Sharon, at What the Fork food blog.
Adapted from Betty Crocker.
- Using a heavy duty mixer, combine the sugar and cocoa powder.
- Add in the olive oil, vanilla extract, and then the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each egg is added.
- In a separate bowl, sift the dry ingredients together.
- Carefully add the dry ingredients into the chocolate mixture and mix until well combined.
- Cover and refrigerate the dough for at least 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F) and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone liners.
- Drop dough by teaspoonfuls into the powdered sugar. Roll around to coat and to shape the dough into balls. Place the balls on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 - 14 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes on the baking sheets before moving to cooling racks to cool completely.
Try these Ultimate Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies:
This post may contain affiliate links which I may receive a small commission from (without any additional costs to you). The money earned from these commissions helps me maintain this website. Thank you for your support in this way!