What a beautiful evening in Alaska! It’s 9pm and the sun is still shining. We even have blue skies!
Sugar Free Chocolate Macaroons:
Yields about 16 cookies
4 egg whites from large eggs
1/8 tsp sea salt
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 teaspoon NuNaturals Liquid Vanilla Stevia
2 cups unsweetened coconut, finely shredded
2 TBSP cocoa, cacao or carob powder
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees (F).
- Using an electric mixer, beat eggs whites and sea salt until stiff peaks form.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the coconut and cocoa powder.
- Gently fold the coconut/chocolate mixture, vanilla extract, and liquid stevia into the egg whites. Use a retractable scooper to drop the dough by heaping tablespoons onto a parchment or silicone lined baking sheet. You may need to gently reshape the dough into balls.
- Bake for about 9-11 minutes, or just until the cookies hold together when touched. Watch these very carefully the last few minutes of baking. If they are over baked they will be dry.