These gluten-free zucchini muffins are soft and delectable, sweetened just right, and studded with lots of grated zucchini. Spiced with cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla extract, this easy gluten-free muffin recipe is one you'll make again and again.
Do you grow zucchini?
We have four zucchini plants on our back porch; this is our second year growing them. I keep my zucchini plants in pots, and as long as I hand-pollinate the blossoms, they tend to develop and produce well. This leaves me lots of bounties to make my favorite gluten-free zucchini recipes with!
This new gluten-free zucchini muffins recipe is adapted from my gluten-free zucchini bread. I tweaked the recipe to make precisely 12 muffins and reduced the sugar (though, if you like your muffins on the sweeter side, you can add more - see recipe notes).
How to Make Gluten Free Zucchini Muffins
- Combine the dry ingredients in a medium-sized mixing bowl
- In a separate, large-sized mixing bowl, combine the sugars, and the wet ingredients
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients
- Mix the dry and wet ingredients together until a smooth batter forms
- Grate the zucchini and add it to the muffin batter
- Gently stir in the grated zucchini
- Divide the muffin batter between 12 paper-lined muffin tins
- Bake for 14-16 minutes
Depending on your taste preferences, you can add other ingredients to change the flavor profile of your zucchini muffins. Here are some optional mix-in ideas:
- Dairy-free chocolate chips
- Dried cranberries or raisins
- Chopped walnuts or pecans
- Choose a zucchini that is firm to the touch and dark green.
- Do not peel the dark skin from the zucchini before you grate it; give your zucchini a quick rinse and dry, cut off each of the ends, and grate.
- Use the larger-sized grate vs. a smaller-sized grate to grate the zucchini.
- A ripe zucchini is high in moisture. Don't drain or strain this liquid from the grated zucchini.
Can I Freeze Zucchini Muffins
You absolutely can freeze these gluten-free zucchini muffins. Wrap them individually in plastic wrap, place them in a gallon-sized freezer bag, and freeze them. Consume within 2-3 months.
Want to Use Up Zucchini? Try These Recipes
- Gluten Free Zucchini Fritters
- Zucchini Noodle Salad
- Sweet Potato Breakfast Skillet
- Crispy Zucchini Fries from Healthy GF Family
Gluten-Free Zucchini Bread Recipe
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup organic cane sugar (*see recipe notes)
- ½ cup organic brown sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup tapioca starch
- ½ cup sorghum flour
- ½ cup brown rice flour
- ¾ teaspoon xanthan gum
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F) and line a muffin tin with paper muffin liners.
- Whisk together the olive oil, organic cane sugar, brown sugar, vanilla extract, and eggs in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the tapioca starch, sorghum flour, brown rice flour, xanthan gum, sea salt, baking soda, ground cinnamon, and ground nutmeg.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet, and mix until well combined.
- Stir in the grated zucchini.
- Divide the batter between the prepared 12 paper-lined muffin tins.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes, or until a toothpick, when inserted into the center of the muffins, comes out mostly clean.
- Allow the muffins to cool in the pan for 3-5 minutes before removing them and placing them on wire racks.
*If you prefer a sweeter muffin, add ½ cup organic cane sugar vs. ¼ cup.
Do not squeeze the liquid from your zucchini! This recipe needs added moisture.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 214Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 209mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 1gSugar: 13gProtein: 2g
Nutritional information may not be correct.
Did You Make These Gluten Free Muffins?
I'd love it if you gave the recipe a star rating, and left a comment or honest review.
Also, post your gf muffin pics on Instagram! #allergyfreealaska or @allergyfreeak