These sweet Gluten Free Espresso Brownie Bites are like the brownie bites you often find at your grocery store bakery, but entirely gluten and dairy free. They have all of the chocolaty goodness and decadence of a brownie, yet are evenly portioned out into a tiny bite sized treat.
Thank you, Enjoy Life Foods, for sponsoring this post. I only work with companies I use and recommend, so you can be sure the content and opinions expressed here are all my own. Be sure to check out Enjoy Life Foods for more allergen-free recipes and products! Follow them on Facebook!
Do you have any Halloween traditions? We normally stay home and pass out candy, and our girls enjoy dressing up. I bake treats for family and friends who stop by. 😉 We usually end up with a house full of people! It ends up being a fun evening, not just for the kids, but for the adults too.
This year, I wanted to have a few more treats available that were convenient to grab and eat with fingers. These sweet Gluten Free Espresso Brownie Bites are like the brownie bites you often find at your grocery store bakery, but entirely gluten and dairy free. They have all of the chocolaty goodness and decadence of a brownie, yet are evenly portioned out into a tiny bite sized treat. Perfect for a grab and go goody!
And if you’re like me, and enjoy the corners and sides of the brownie (they are the best parts!) you will rejoice in knowing these delightful brownie bites are decadently chewy like those corner and side pieces.
In addition to having these Gluten Free Espresso Brownie Bites available, I’m also going to make my Fluffy Corn-Free Marshmallows with Coconut Sugar and my Gluten Free Honey Graham Crackers for s’mores (we use a kitchen torch to toast the marshmallows).
This Halloween I’m really excited about the new Baking Chocolate Snack Packs from Enjoy Life Foods. They are perfectly portioned for snacking on the go. I’ll have a bowl of both the Semi-Sweet Mini Chips and the Dark Chocolate Morsels available for any child trick or treating with food allergies. We are going to have a teal pumpkin and a sign on our front porch, to ensure those who need something allergy-free will know we have the perfect treat available.
The Baking Chocolate Snack Packs come in a bag with 12 individual 1-ounce packages. They are not only free of the top 8 allergens, but are gluten-free certified, verified Non-GMO, certified Kosher & Halal, and contain no artificial ingredients.
There are very few companies I completely trust to be consistently reliable with their allergen-free products, but Enjoy Life Foods is one of those companies I trust. We love their products! In fact, when they send me promotional items my kiddos think the package is for them instead of me. I don’t correct them, I let them open the box – it’s so exciting for them, because they know whatever is in the box is safe for them to eat. That’s priceless to me.
Moms, these new Baking Chocolate Snack Packs are the perfect size to slip a few into your purse for an on the go treat…. for either you OR the kids, 😉 I don’t know about you, but I’ve been known to need a chocolate fix now and then!
I plan on giving a few packages to my girl’s Sunday School teachers and homeschool contact teacher. That way when they want to give the girls a treat, they have something conveniently packaged – that’s SAFE.
I LOVE the Semi-Sweet Mini Chips! I like the Dark Chocolate Morsels too, but the Semi-Sweet Mini Chips are my and my family’s favorite. They enhance the chocolaty goodness of these Gluten Free Espresso Brownie Bites, but can also be used as a topping for any other treat – ice cream, pies, cupcakes, etc. The Baking Chocolate Snack Packs are super convenient to have on hand!
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 1/4 cup organic cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2-3 teaspoons espresso powder (I use Starbucks Via Instant Colombia)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/4 cup sorghum flour
- 1/4 cup brown rice flour (or more sorghum flour)
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- Enjoy Life Baking Chocolate Semi-Sweet Mini Chips Snack Packs for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F) and liberally grease 36 mini muffin tins with coconut oil.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the olive oil and organic cane sugar.
- Whisk in the vanilla extract and eggs. Beat until well blended.
- In a medium sized bowl, sift together the cocoa powder, espresso powder, sea salt, xanthan gum, sorghum flour, brown rice flour, and tapioca starch.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet, and mix until the batter is smooth and well blended.
- Distribute the batter evenly between the 36 mini muffin tins, and then sprinkle with the Semi-Sweet Mini Chips.
- Bake for 16-19 minutes, or until a toothpick, when inserted into the center of a brownie bite, comes out clean. Let the brownie bites sit for 5 minutes before removing from the mini muffin tin to cooling racks to cool completely. Use a butter knife to gently pry the bites out of the tins if needed (mine popped right out with the butter knife without issue).
This post may contain affiliate links which I may receive a small commission from (without any additional costs to you). The money earned from these commissions helps me maintain this website. Thank you for your support in this way!