Garlic Lover’s Roasted Cauliflower

Thank you for sharing! Share on Facebook560Share on Google+7Email this to someoneShare on LinkedIn0Share on StumbleUpon0Pin on Pinterest2,199Tweet about this on Twitter10

I am so addicted to roasted cauliflower. I really could sit down and eat a whole head of roasted cauliflower for a meal. It’s that wonderful!

There are many variations of roasted cauliflower recipes out there. Some of my favorite recipes are from fellow gluten free/allergy friendly bloggers. Like Roasted Cauliflower Soup from Elana’s Pantry, Roasted Cauliflower and Peas with Indian Spices from the Whole Gang, Quick Oven Roasted Cauliflower with Lemon and Garlic from Tessa the Domestic Diva, Gluten Free Penne with Roasted Cauliflower and Butternut Squash from Simply… Gluten-Free, and Roasted Cauliflower with Lemon Tahini Sauce from Vegetarian Times.

I know… yum, right? You really can’t go wrong with any type of roasted cauliflower dish. Or maybe that’s just my current obsession talking!

Garlic Lover’s Roasted Cauliflower
Note: If you are NOT a garlic lover, or have someone in your house who is allergic to garlic, simply omit it.

2 cauliflower heads
10 – 12 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
5 – 6 tablespoons olive oil
3/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried basil

1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees (F).
  2. Chop the heads of cauliflower in to two inch florets (approximately).
  3. Toss the florets, garlic, olive oil, sea salt, oregano, and basil in a 9×16″ glass baking dish (or a parchment lined cookie sheet).
  4. Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.

Whether you eat this as a side dish or a main meal is up to you, but just be warned, you may find yourself fighting for those roasted garlic cloves!

This recipe is linked to the GFE Virtual Support Group, Allergy Free Wednesdays and Wellness Weekend.

Comments

Yum, I totally hear you, I discovered roasted cauliflower for the first time this winter,and oh my, addicting!! It’s nice when a new obsession comes with so little guilt! (;
    Thanks for the link love Megan!

Hi Meg…um, yes please. I adore roasted cauliflower and I’m crazy for garlic. I would gobble this up in a second. My kids happen to love cauliflower too, so this is a must try! Thanks for a great recipe friend.

Have a great weekend,

P.S. I received an email update about a Whole Food Friday link party (I think that’s what it was) but the link wasn’t working. Just a heads up. :-)

3. Vienna says

After 15 minutes the cauliflower was already dark brown on the edges and overdone because I didn’t stir them. I don’t know how you were able to roast for an hour?

4. Nicola says

please i have bake it or roast?its a different?bake is with hot air and roast is grill or how i have set my oven?thank you

You want to set your oven to bake. I have a very simple oven, so I forget there are other ovens out there with other settings. :)

5. Rae says

Wow! You got my entire family to eat cauliflower – that has never once happened in our entire 16 years as a family. All of the kids kept asking for more and the dish was emptied in minutes. Amazing!