Orange Creamsicle Popsicles (dairy free, Paleo & GAPS friendly)

When I was little, I remember my mom making popsicles very similiar to these, but she used orange juice concentrate and cane sugar instead of pure unsweetened orange juice and honey/stevia. In any case, I loved the popsicles she made for my brother and I, and wanted to recreate them for my girls, just with healthier ingredients.

POPSICLE KISSES ARE RECOMMENDED & ENCOURAGED =)

Orange Creamsicle Popsicles Recipe
Yields 8 – 10 popsicles

2 cup unsweetened orange juice (I use the Naked brand of orange juice, it has no added sugar, no preservatives, non-GMO, and it’s vegan)
3/4 cup plain yogurt (you can use dairy yogurt, or coconut milk yogurt for dairy free/vegan)
2 – 3 tablespoons raw runny honey, or organic agave nectar, or coconut nectar, etc.
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
10 drops liquid vanilla stevia (I use the NuNatural’s stevia brand. If you don’t like to use stevia, simply increase the amount of honey/liquid sweetener used)

1. Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
  2. Taste mixture and add more sweetener if desired.
  3. Pour into popsicle molds and freeze overnight.

This recipe is linked to Allergy Free Wednesdays, Fat Tuesday, Slightly Indulgent Tuesday, Gluten Free Wednesdays, Simply Lives Thursday, Frugal Days Sustainable Ways, Wellness Weekend, and the Gluten Free Homemaker.

Thank you for sharing! Share on Facebook186Share on Google+11Email this to someoneShare on LinkedIn1Share on StumbleUpon0Pin on Pinterest355Tweet about this on Twitter4

Comments

1. Linda says

Oh wow. Can’t wait to try these! I love love love creamsicles and these are much healthier than the commerical kind–and the pic of the girls is so adorable. Thanks for sharing both! xoLinda

These are AMAZING! Love, love. I can imagine these taste fantastic. I’ve never thought about making an orange cream pop. This is great. And yes, cold lips popsicle kisses are the best. Your girls are just darling.

Have a great rest of your day. How are you feeling Megan?

I made these this morning…except it never made it to the freezer, we ended up drinking them for breakfast and they were just like an Orange Julius. Thank you for this recipe it’s so delicious and easy!

4. gfeeasily says

How wonderful, Megan! Love the photos of your sweet girls with them! :-) I’ve been making creamsicle smoothies lately … completely different ingredients, but so good. Love that creamsicle taste!

• says

Hi Shirley,
      That picture of the girls is one of my favorites. I didn’t even ask Abbi to kiss Kylie, she just did it on her own. I love when they are sweet like that to each other! Your smoothie sounds wonderful… I need to go look up your recipe!
      xo

5. Cassidy @ Cassidy's Craveable Creations says

I made these today and they were DELISH – perfect creamsicle flavor!!!! Thanks!

-Cassidy

6. joanna says

do you think kefir would work for these?? i don’t make yogurt too often anymore but always have tons of kefir

Hi Joanna,
      I haven’t tried using kefir in this recipe, but I would imagine it would work just fine! ;) Megan