It’s springtime in Alaska, which ultimately means blizzard like conditions. I keep painting my toenails and wearing my flip flops around the house hoping it will improve the weather outside. No such luck. oh well… I tried! 😉
Outside may definitely still look like winter, but inside… inside it’s springtime full speed ahead!
I’m really excited to share this recipe with you! These healthy and Delicious Paleo Carrot Cake Muffins are heavenly. They are moist and flavorful, yet not too sweet or too oily. Perfect for a quick breakfast or snack, and they are 100% kid approved by the Ancheta girls.
Oh! And you can thank me later for the instant potpourri. These muffins will fill your home with the wonderful aroma of cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger while they are baking (and who doesn’t love that?).
Grain Free Carrot Cake Muffins
Yields 15 muffins
1 ½ cups blanched almond flour, gently packed
¼ cup coconut flour
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
¾ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
¼ teaspoon ground ginger
¼ teaspoon sea salt
4 eggs, at room temperature
¾ cup apple sauce, at room temperature
⅓ cup runny honey
¼ cup coconut oil, just melted
1 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups grated carrots
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F).
- In a large mixing bowl combine the almond meal, coconut flour, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg, ginger, and sea salt.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, apple sauce, honey, coconut oil, and vanilla.
- Carefully stir the wet ingredients into the dry, and mix until just combined. Fold in the grated carrots.
- Divide the dough into 15 paper lined muffin tins and then bake for 20 – 24 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Remove the muffins from the tins and place on metal racks to cool.
So what’s the weather like where you are?