Bacon Wrapped Dates Stuffed with Goat Cheese

Thank you for sharing! Share on Facebook694Share on Google+5Email this to someoneShare on LinkedIn1Share on StumbleUpon103Pin on Pinterest3,436Tweet about this on Twitter14

My husband and I went on a date a few weeks ago. The restaurant we went to had these amazing dates… wrapped in bacon and stuffed with goat cheese (and they were even gluten free). They were to die for.

DSC_0191 (Medium)

Since then, I’ve wanted to recreate the bacon wrapped dates. I finally bought some bacon at the store yesterday, so these were first on my list to make!

These bacon wrapped dates make the perfect appetizer, especially for a special occasion! Don’t be afraid to double or triple the batch!

This recipe is linked to the GFE Virtual Support Group, the Gluten-Free Homemaker, Slightly Indulgent Tuesday and Allergy Free Wednesdays.

Bacon Wrapped Dates Stuffed with Goat Cheese
Yields 12 servings

12 Medjool dates
6 pieces of bacon, preferably nitrate free & uncured
2-4 ounces of goat cheese
12 toothpicks (soaked in water for at least 20 minutes)

1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees (F) and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
  2. Slice open dates, remove the pits, and stuff with 1/2 to 1 teaspoon goat cheese.
  3. Cut the bacon in half so you have 12 pieces total.
  4. Wrap each date with a piece of bacon, and secure using a toothpick.
  5. Place the bacon wrapped dates on the parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 14 – 17 minutes, turning 2 or 3 times until the bacon is evenly browned.
  6. Allow dates to cool before eating, otherwise you will burn your mouth (they get very hot in the oven).

xoxo

Comments

Oh my Megan…I think I would be addicted to these! These babies looks like an awesome appetizer or party dish that I am sure would be a huge hit with my friends and family.

I had something very similar to these at a restaurant this past weekend and wanted to make then as soon as possible! This recipe is perfect – thanks for posting!

3. Kimberly Smick says

I would love to have this cookbook, I have struggled with autoimmune disorders and diseases my whole life and now have Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma. Always looking for more help with finding new healthy gluten free recipes, as I have celiac disease as well.

I just made these last week but stuffed them with almonds… I should add the cheese! What restaurant did you go to? I am in Big Lake, and am always looking for safe restaurants to eat at.

I’m going to try making these…I’ve been drooling over them since you posted the pictures! I think I’ll add a balsamic reduction drizzle after they come out of the oven though. :)

6. Kevin says

I love stuffed bacon wrapped dates and figs. Making them today as an appetizer for NYE dinner. The balsamic reduction is an added boost of flavor! These are so easy to make and they taste awesome!!