Chocolate Chip Cookie Bites (Grain, Egg & Refined Sugar Free)

Thank you for sharing! Share on Facebook436Share on Google+0Email this to someoneShare on LinkedIn0Share on StumbleUpon0Pin on Pinterest1,501Tweet about this on Twitter2

Here is another favorite recipe I make for my goofy girls (I love these cookies too)!

This recipe is linked to the GFE Virtual Support Group, Grateful GAPS Holiday Foods, Allergy Free Wednesdays, Allergy Friendly Friday, Slightly Indulgent Tuesday, Simple Lives Thursday, Wellness Weekend, and the Gluten-Free Homemaker.

Chocolate Chip Cookies Bites
Yields 1 dozen cookies

1 2/3 cup blanched almond meal, slightly packed (I use Bob’s Red Mill)
¼ cup coconut oil, at room temperature
2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
1 ½ teaspoons GF vanilla extract
½ teaspoon sea salt
¼ teaspoon baking soda
3 – 4 tablespoons Enjoy Life Chocolate Mini Chips

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F) and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
  2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the almond meal, coconut oil, and honey. Let the mixer go while you gather the other ingredients.
  3. Whisk in the vanilla extract, sea salt and baking soda.
  4. Stir in the chocolate chips.
  5. Roll the dough into balls (using about 2 tablespoons of dough each) and place on the parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
  6. Using your fingers, flatten the balls of dough until they are about half an inch thick (they won’t change shape very much in the oven, so try to keep them as round as you can).
  7. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes, or until the bottoms of the cookies are golden brown (the tops of the cookies won’t brown very much, so make sure you check the cookie bottoms).
  8. Allow the cookies to completely cool on the cookie sheet before transferring to a paper towel on the counter to absorb excess oil.

Enjoy!!
xoxo

Comments

• says

:) Thanks Shirley! There is 2 TBSP of honey or maple syrup, but spread out between 12 cookies it’s really not that much! At least that’s what I like to tell myself! ;) LOL!
      xo

1. Angela says

I would love to make these for DS, but alas he is allergic to nuts, is there another option for the flour. I love they are egg and dairy free though :)

These looks amazing! What a great recipe. Every ingredient is perfect.

I’ve been experimenting with a grain free chocolate chip cookie, and I believe my experimentation is over for now. I will be using this recipe. :-)

Thanks for sharing!

3. Laura says

As Angela above said, do you have one that is gluten and egg free, but does not use nuts? I’ve been working on one and can’t seem to get them to not turn into pancakes (we can’t use flax, either, as an egg subsitute). I sure wish we could make these, though! They look yummers!

For those of you who can’t use nuts- can you try grinding sunflower seeds or pepitas? Buckwheat is sometimes a good alternative as well (not truly a grain.)
    PS- LOVE this blog! I’m corn-free, so this is great for me. We have a gf/sf/whole foods blog as well.

5. liz says

Greetings from Texas!

Just took a batch out of the oven and these are wonderful! One of the best cleaned up cookie recipes I’ve tried. In addition to the chips, I had some cocoa nibs on hand and added a tbsp of those as well. Sub’d butter for the coconut oil (just too strong a flavor for my taste tho I’ve tried. Can anyone suggest a brand whose coconut flavor is minimal or non existent?). Will cut the salt a wee bit next time, and there WILL be a next time :-)

6. Nic says

My mom just send me a link to your blog and everything looks so good! I can’t wait to try some of your recipes. I have been gluten free for 2 years after being diagnosed with R.A. and psoriatic arthritis also. I decided to try it on my own after the doctors wanted to put me on methotrexate and weren’t even willing to consider diet changes first. It’s so great to have such an awesome blog to refer to for new ideas because I am NOT creative in the kitchen!

• says

Hi Nic,
      Thank you – and a big thank you to your mom for sending you the link to my blog! :) It is such a blessing for me to connect with others who also suffer from PsA and are trying to control it via diet. Are you doing the anti-inflammatory diet too? Or what food have you eliminated?
      Hugs!

I make choc chip cookies very similar to this…they always work well! It’s great to be able to make egg-free healthy cookies so easily! These look awesome, just wish I could reach in and grab one!

Those look so wonderful! What would be an option to use instead of the almond meal? We have an almond allergic kid but I wanted to try to make her some GF cookies without all the sugar. Do you have a favorite flour blend or other alternatives that would work in place of the almond meal?

9. Linda Stoddard says

Megan, You hit the jackpot with these babies! I finally got a bag of Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips (the store is ALWAYS running out of them!), so grabbed the last bag, flew home and made these scrumptious cookies. The only thing I did differently was use a tiny big of agave syrup, but they turned out great. Thanks for giving us a new twist on an old favorite! xoxLinda

10. Chalise says

OMG! I just made these, and they are sooooo delish! I’ve missed cookies and baked goods, and these make me happy :)

Hi Cecilia,
      I’ve never heard of TJ almond meal before, but I’m thinking any blanched almond meal will work just fine. :)

11. Noël says

These were DELICIOUS! I omitted the Stevia and didn’t modify the honey and they tasted great! I even added chia seeds to give them a little crunch :-) Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful recipe!

12. Karin says

Just made these, YUM YUM! I used agave for the sweetener and chopped up sugar free dark chocolate discs from local Winco bulk section. Looking forward to trying these again and making them totally sugar free with liquid sucralose. Super yummy,