Here is another favorite recipe I make for my goofy girls (I love these cookies too)!
This recipe is linked to the GFE Virtual Support Group, Grateful GAPS Holiday Foods, Allergy Free Wednesdays, Allergy Friendly Friday, Slightly Indulgent Tuesday, Simple Lives Thursday, Wellness Weekend, and the Gluten-Free Homemaker.
Chocolate Chip Cookies Bites
Yields 1 dozen cookies
1 2/3 cup blanched almond meal, slightly packed (I use Bob’s Red Mill)
¼ cup coconut oil, at room temperature
2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
1 ½ teaspoons GF vanilla extract
½ teaspoon sea salt
¼ teaspoon baking soda
3 – 4 tablespoons Enjoy Life Chocolate Mini Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F) and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the almond meal, coconut oil, and honey. Let the mixer go while you gather the other ingredients.
- Whisk in the vanilla extract, sea salt and baking soda.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Roll the dough into balls (using about 2 tablespoons of dough each) and place on the parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Using your fingers, flatten the balls of dough until they are about half an inch thick (they won’t change shape very much in the oven, so try to keep them as round as you can).
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes, or until the bottoms of the cookies are golden brown (the tops of the cookies won’t brown very much, so make sure you check the cookie bottoms).
- Allow the cookies to completely cool on the cookie sheet before transferring to a paper towel on the counter to absorb excess oil.