Whole Food Fridays 4-05-2013

Welcome to Whole Food Fridays! Come link up your own GLUTEN FREE & WHOLE FOOD recipes and find new ones to try!

WFF new font w border

So many wonderful recipes were shared last week! Thank you for participating!

Highlighted Recipe:

Sweet Potato Chips Fried w/Coconut Oil from Hannah @ Healthy Real Food Vegetarian

Want to participate? Here are the linking up Guidelines:

• Please link to your individual post, NOT your home page or a static blog party page.
  • You must provide a link back to Whole Food Fridays somewhere in the body of your post. Recipes not linked back to Whole Food Fridays will not be eligible to be highlighted the following week and may be deleted.
  • All recipes MUST BE GLUTEN FREE and made from REAL WHOLE FOOD ingredients.
  • Your blog does not have to be a gluten free blog in order to link up a recipe, but please make sure your recipe is gluten free.
  • Recipes for natural homemade soaps, lotions, etc. are also welcome.
  • Please leave me a comment! I love it when I hear from you. Often times comments make my day!

What your recipe CAN contain:

• Any real whole food ingredients (gluten free whole grains, nuts, seeds, legumes, fruits, vegetables, herbs, healthy oils, etc).
  • Natural Sweeteners (honey, agave nectar, brown rice syrup, maple syrup, yacon, coconut nectar, coconut sugar/palm sugar, sucant, stevia)
  • Meats, eggs and dairy are all okay (although dairy free options are always an added bonus).
  • Bacon. Yes, anyone who makes anything with bacon gets extra brownie points (just make sure your bacon is gluten & nitrate free)!

What your recipe CANNOT contain:

• Anything artificial, including anything refined or highly processed.
  • Any sort of boxed mix or prepackaged anything (with the exception of packaged GF noodles, chocolate chips, nut butters, etc…). Just remember fresh real whole foods are best!
  • Refined sugars (white sugar, brown sugar).
  • Liver and/or chicken feet. Okay, I’m joking. You can link up a recipe that contains either, I just probably won’t highlight it the following week.

If your post does not comply to the above guidelines it will be deleted (and I will probably delete it without leaving you a note telling you I did (sorry), because that could be very time consuming). If you have any questions just leave me a comment below and I will try my best to get back to you.

Please be descriptive and tell us a bit about what you’re sharing. Is it vegan? What about dairy free? Is it grain free? Etc… I think you understand; you’re a smart bunch!

Thanks again for stopping by Whole Food Fridays! I look forward to seeing you every week!
xoxo

Thank you for sharing! Share on Facebook20Share on Google+2Email this to someoneShare on LinkedIn0Share on StumbleUpon0Pin on Pinterest0Tweet about this on Twitter3

Comments

1. Amber says

Hi Meg,

Just returning home from visiting family and friends…and my adorable little 7 month old nephew! So precious.

Today I am sharing some muffins I’ve made several times, and made for our trip. I’m trying to “bulk up” the baking section on my blog, so starting on a grand gluten-free baking adventure. I look forward to sharing more creations in the coming months.

Have a great Friday.

2. Vicky says

Hi Megan! Hope you had a lovely Easter! There’s some lovely recipes here, some of which I’ve visited before! I’ve shared my Moroccan Vegetable Stuffed Pepper recipe today.

Hope you have a lovely weekend.

Vicky xo

Hi Vicky,
      Thank you! I agree, there are some really great recipes this week! I LOVE your peppers! They are gorgeous!

3. Shirley @ gfe & All Gluten-Free Desserts says

Hi Megan–Happy Friday! Or should I say Happy Whole Foods Friday? ;-) I’ve linked up my latest creation Sweet Potato Chocolate Chip Mug Pudding. This is a healthy treat, but it feels very indulgent. The sweet potatoes add sweet creaminess along with coconut milk and “melty” chocolate chips. ;-)

This is such a great recipe, Shirley! I’m really looking forward to trying it and making it for the girls! Thanks for sharing!
      M

4. Tiffany @ DontWastetheCrumbs says

What’s the big deal with saturated fat? Why does “everyone” say it’s so bad for us? What does the research actually say? I shared my research on the topic and it’s an excellent read for anyone wondering why the real foodies are pushing saturated fat when the “experts” say otherwise.

1. [...] Linked: Marvelous Mondays Frugal Crafty, Homestead Barnhop, Natural Living Monday, Melt in Your Mouth Mondays, Meatless Mondays , Inspire Me Mondays, Fat TuesdayThe Gathering Spot, Winthrop Chronicles, Blessed with Grace, Simple Supper Tuesday, Memories by the Mile, Totally Tasty Tuesdays, Totally Tasty Tuesday, Tasteful Tuesdays, Slightly Indulgent Tuesdays, Wildcrafting Wednesday, WIAW, Healthy2Day, Adorned from Above, Whole Foods Wednesday, Wednesday Whatsits, Cast Party Wednesday, Wednesday Extravaganza, Happy Day, Gluten Free Wednesday, Sustainable Ways Wednesday, Show and Share, Buns in my Oven, Chefs Day Off, Fresh Foods Wednesday, Party Wave Wednesday, Cultured Palate The Taylor House Gluten Free Friday All Things Thursday, Foodie Friday, Foodie Friday, Fight Back Friday, Whole Foods Friday, [...]