Backyard Moose Pictures

I posted these pictures the other day on Facebook and got such an overwhelming response that I thought I would post them here on the website for all to see.

These pictures are taken in my backyard. Momma and baby moose frequently come around our area. They tend to hang outside our 6-7 foot fence and eat the trees. And drive our yellow lab, named Thor, crazy.

Thank God for a good sturdy fence!! Enjoy the pictures!
~Megan

Thor Jumping Moose (Large)

Air Thor!

DSC_0331 (Medium)

DSC_0327 (Medium)

DSC_0309 (Medium)

DSC_0312 (Medium)

DSC_0288 (Medium)

DSC_0289 (Medium)

DSC_0280 (Medium)

Thank you for sharing! Share on Facebook8Share on Google+1Email this to someoneShare on LinkedIn0Share on StumbleUpon0Pin on Pinterest2Tweet about this on Twitter1

Comments

1. Vicky says

These are wonderful pictures Megan! You are so fortunate to live in such beautiful surroundings and so close to nature! Thank you for posting these!

Hi Eileen,
      Yeah, I can’t help but laugh every time I look at them. ;) Silly dog – silly moose!!

2. Jennifer B. says

Beautiful! Funny! Thanks for sharing! My dad’s dream was to see a moose when we were up in AK (& in Sweden). That dream of his never came true (except when our SE cousins served us moose for dinner. Yum)! Seeing moose reminds me of my dad & our fun trip to AK. Your Yellow Lab, Thor, is beautiful too! I had a Yellow Lab ’till last year. Awesome dogs!

3. Suzanne Perazzini says

What a lovely place you live in though it does look rather cold. At least the moose will keep the dog occupied and they don’t seem to be too disturbed by him.

Hi Suzanne!
      Yes, it is cold here, although lately it has been much warmer than what it could be. Our spring temps are generally 30-40 degrees (F), while our winter temps are sometimes sub-zero.

The moose seem to be fairly used to dogs, I’m just glad they haven’t tried to kick at the fence!
      ;) Megan

4. Shirley @ gfe & All Gluten-Free Desserts says

As promised, I showed these photos to hubby who was quite impressed! Thanks for sharing, Megan!

5. amber says

Those pictures are SOOO cool! What majestic creatures. And look at all that snow. Thanks for sharing. I showed my kids and they loved looking at these cool pics – that picture of your dog jumping is so funny and…wow!

6. Kate @ Eat, Recycle, Repeat says

I’m so jealous you have moose in your backyard on a regular basis! Your dog is adorable too. Thanks for posting!

Hi Kate!
      The moose do come around frequently, but we definitely see them more often from Jan-April. I’m just so glad we have a fence (they can be quite mean sometimes). Thanks for stopping by! ;)