Whole Food Fridays 03-08-2013

Welcome to Whole Food Fridays! Come link up your own GLUTEN FREE & WHOLE FOOD recipes and find new ones to try!

WFF new font w border

Thank you for sharing your recipes week after week!

Highlighted Recipe:

Grain & Sugar Free Banana Bread from Vicky @ Gluten Free SCD & Veggie

Want to participate? Here are the linking up Guidelines:

• Please link to your individual post, NOT your home page or a static blog party page.
  • You must provide a link back to Whole Food Fridays somewhere in the body of your post. Recipes not linked back to Whole Food Fridays will not be eligible to be highlighted the following week and may be deleted.
  • All recipes MUST BE GLUTEN FREE and made from REAL WHOLE FOOD ingredients.
  • Your blog does not have to be a gluten free blog in order to link up a recipe, but please make sure your recipe is gluten free.
  • Recipes for natural homemade soaps, lotions, etc. are also welcome.
  • Please leave me a comment! I love it when I hear from you. Often times comments make my day!

What your recipe CAN contain:

• Any real whole food ingredients (gluten free whole grains, nuts, seeds, legumes, fruits, vegetables, herbs, healthy oils, etc).
  • Natural Sweeteners (honey, agave nectar, brown rice syrup, maple syrup, yacon, coconut nectar, coconut sugar/palm sugar, sucant, stevia)
  • Meats, eggs and dairy are all okay (although dairy free options are always an added bonus).
  • Bacon. Yes, anyone who makes anything with bacon gets extra brownie points (just make sure your bacon is gluten & nitrate free)!

What your recipe CANNOT contain:

• Anything artificial, including anything refined or highly processed.
  • Any sort of boxed mix or prepackaged anything (with the exception of packaged GF noodles, chocolate chips, nut butters, etc…). Just remember fresh real whole foods are best!
  • Refined sugars (white sugar, brown sugar).
  • Liver and/or chicken feet. Okay, I’m joking. You can link up a recipe that contains either, I just probably won’t highlight it the following week.

If your post does not comply to the above guidelines it will be deleted (and I will probably delete it without leaving you a note telling you I did (sorry), because that could be very time consuming). If you have any questions just leave me a comment below and I will try my best to get back to you.

Please be descriptive and tell us a bit about what you’re sharing. Is it vegan? What about dairy free? Is it grain free? Etc… I think you understand; you’re a smart bunch!

Thanks again for stopping by Whole Food Fridays! I look forward to seeing you every week!
xoxo

Thank you for sharing! Share on Facebook9Share on Google+2Email this to someoneShare on LinkedIn0Share on StumbleUpon0Pin on Pinterest2Tweet about this on Twitter3

Comments

1. Nancy @http://glutenfreetravels.blogspot.com says

I just posted my Paleo Pineapple Pork with Julienned Sweet Potatoes. We returned from Alaska 2 days ago. This was our 3rd trip to your beautiful state. My husband was even saying maybe we should move there for a year. Not sure if we could really handle the weather transition from Florida, but the dramatic wilderness blows us away with each visit!

2. Danielle @ Poor and Gluten Free says

Hi Megan, thanks for hosting :) This week I’ve shared two posts from my new series on being a winter locavore. The first is on 5 ways to use radishes, the second is a recipe for a salad based on local, winter produce.

3. Beth says

I’ve followed your blog for a little while and always wanted to link up a recipe, but had to figure out how to link back (can you tell I’m super new at this??)! Anyway, I linked up homemade stock, no-back snack balls, and cucumber smoothie–Go Real Food!!!

4. Tiffany @ DontWastetheCrumbs says

Thanks for hosting, as always!

This week I’m sharing two posts – building on the cooking fats from last week, now we’re talking sourcing those awesome cooking fats (palm oil, peanut oil, lard and tallow) and a how-to guide on rendering your own lard or tallow!

5. Eileen @ Phoenix Helix says

Hi. Thanks for hosting! I linked up to an article on olive oil fraud – why it’s happening & how to be sure yours is the real thing. Have a great weekend, everyone!

6. Shirley @ gfe & All Gluten-Free Desserts says

Sheesh, I should have been over earlier! I need to set up all kinds of reminders for myself. ;-) I’ve linked up my Paleo Pork Chips, which make for a yummy meal or appetizer. One can use turkey, chicken, or venison instead and it’s easy to add cut up veggies with healthy dipping choices (e.g., mustard, honey) for all. :-)

Happy Friday, Megan! Thanks for hosting! xo,

7. Amber says

Hi Meg,

Happy Friday. Is it spring yet in Alaska? Still chilly here, but we were up to 75 last week. Rain again this week. Looking forward to the warmer weather.

This week I am sharing my granola bites. Have a wonderful weekend.

-Amber

8. Vicky says

Hi Megan! I haven’t a new recipe to share this week so I thought I’d bring back a favourite from the archives, my Nut Roast recipe.

Hope you have a fantastic weekend with your family!

Vicky xo