Introducing the first ever Whole Food Fridays!

Thank you for sharing! Share on Facebook20Share on Google+1Email this to someoneShare on LinkedIn0Share on StumbleUpon0Pin on Pinterest0Tweet about this on Twitter0

Introducing the first ever Whole Food Fridays! Come link up your own GLUTEN FREE & WHOLE FOOD recipes and find new ones to try!

Want to participate? Here are the linking up Guidelines:

• Please link to your individual post, NOT your home page or a static blog party page.
  • You must provide a link back to Whole Food Fridays somewhere in the body of your post. Recipes not linked back to Whole Food Fridays will not be eligible to be highlighted the following week and may be deleted.
  • All recipes MUST BE GLUTEN FREE and made from REAL WHOLE FOOD ingredients.
  • Your blog does not have to be a gluten free blog in order to link up a recipe, but please make sure your recipe is gluten free.
  • Recipes for natural homemade soaps, lotions, etc. are also welcome.
  • Please leave me a comment! I love it when I hear from you. Often times comments make my day! :)

What your recipe CAN contain:

• Any real whole food ingredients (gluten free whole grains, nuts, seeds, legumes, fruits, vegetables, herbs, healthy oils, etc).
  • Natural Sweeteners (honey, agave nectar, brown rice syrup, maple syrup, yacon, coconut nectar, coconut sugar/palm sugar, sucant, stevia)
  • Meats, eggs and dairy are all okay (although dairy free options are always an added bonus).
  • Bacon. Yes, anyone who makes anything with bacon gets extra brownie points (just make sure your bacon is gluten & nitrate free)!

What your recipe CANNOT contain:

• Anything artificial, including anything refined or highly processed.
  • Any sort of boxed mix or prepackaged anything. Fresh real whole foods are best!
  • Refined sugars (white sugar, brown sugar).
  • Liver and/or chicken feet. Okay, I’m joking. You can link up a recipe that contains either, I just probably won’t highlight it the following week.  :)

If your post does not comply to the above guidelines it will be deleted (and I will probably delete it without leaving you a note telling you I did (sorry), because that could be very time consuming). If you have any questions just leave me a comment below and I will try my best to get back to you.

Please be descriptive and tell us a bit about what you’re sharing. Is it vegan? What about dairy free? Is it grain free? Etc… I think you understand; you’re a smart bunch!

Thanks again for stopping by Whole Food Fridays! I look forward to seeing you every week!
xoxo

Comments

Congrats on your new link party!! I stopped by to share three old recipes….I haven’t had much time to blog this summer with all he kids home…soon enough! I am excited for you and happy to be be participating!

I’ve linked up Bacon Chicken that I recently converted to a dairy-free recipe without any sacrifice in goodness. It’s a fairly simple recipe that really delivers in flavor. When made with uncured, nitrate-free bacon, it’s a healthy meal, too. Adding some raw vegan Majestic Garlic Spread adds some magic, but it’s not necessary.

Love your new roundup, dear! I know it will be a big hit!

So excited about your new link party. I always appreciate places to share real, whole foods. So great…and your blog looks amazing. I know this has been a big change (and a lot of work), but great job.

I’m sharing three recipes this week: an ice cream, a salad, and a raw dish. Wanted to share a little something from each of my favorites. :-)

Thanks for hosting.

• admin says

Thank you, Amber, for making this first WFF a success! Your entries all look wonderful – thank you for sharing!
      xo

OK Megan. How do I send you the link? In a message? Do I need a picture? One recipe I want to share has no picture. I don’t want to do it wrong. Thanks! Angie

• admin says

Hi Angie,
      Just click the link at the end of my post that says, “You are next… Click here to enter.” A form will pop open asking you for the URL of your post, a description of your recipe, email address, etc. Complete the form and your recipe will be added above.

As for your recipe without a picture… I’m not sure (I’m learning too). Can you try entering it and we’ll just see what happens?

:) Megan

Hi Megan! I am really excited about your new link party and your new site! :) I shared my peach and blueberry banana bread that is gluten and grain free, and vegan! I hope you have a great day!

1. […] There are TWO  new blog parties in town! First is  Healthy Vegan Fridays , hosted by Shelby of Everyday Vegan Girl, Gabby of Veggie Nook and Carrie of Carrie on Vegan. Be sure to check it out tomorrow–and get all the deets here.  Then, go take a look at Megan’s (Allergy Free Alaska) Whole Food Fridays event, which also launches tomorrow! For more information, check the event post. […]